William Woods University is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position to exercise science to undergraduate students. This position will teach both lower and upper division exercise science courses. The contracted teaching load is 12 hours per semester, with the opportunity for teaching overload each semester.
Full-time faculty are expected to participate in faculty and campus committees, attend faculty assembly and division meetings, and conduct program and class assessments in accordance with standards developed by the University and outside accrediting entities. Faculty are also expected to develop educational programs to be presented to the campus at large as part of the University LEAD program and to attend such programs sponsored by other faculty in the university.
Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Teach upper and lower division courses.
● Prepare course syllabi for assigned courses that meet the needs of students and accreditation requirements.
● Participate in the development of assessments and evaluation of courses and the program for continuing improvement.
● Maintain professional development according to personal and professional need.
● Assist in recruitment efforts for the department by participating in university recruitment events and communicating with interested students.
● Serve as Field Experience Coordinator responsible for student field experience placement, field experience site evaluation and training, and regular communication with the Field Experience Site Supervisors.
● Other duties as assigned.
● A doctoral degree in Exercise Science or related field.
● Applicants with a masters as well as ABDs with a documented completion date may be considered.
● CSCS certified
● RSCC certification preferred
● Ability to perform teaching, administrative, and clerical duties independently in order to fulfill goals and objectives of the program within the overall mission of the department, the school and the University.
● Teaching experience at a higher educational institution is preferred.
● Demonstrated commitment to professional development, strong work ethic, and a commitment to working well with others.
● Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with integrating instructional technology into classroom experiences.
This is a full-time, 9-month position, which may begin August 2023 and will continue into the 2023/2024 academic year. This position will be open until filled.
Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and contact information for three references (one being a supervisor).
William Woods University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution.