A.T Still University’s Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health (ATSU-ASDOH) is seeking full-time exempt Periodontics faculty at the Assistant or Associate Professor level on the Mesa, Arizona campus.
Major Job Duties:
• General – conduct teaching, scholarship, service and patient care in support of the mission and goals of ASDOH and ATSU. Promote an atmosphere of respect, collegiality, commitment to diversity and social justice, and humanistic learning environment.
• Teaching – preclinical and clinical supervision as a Periodontist in ASDOH clinics; effectively carry out lecture, seminar, preclinical and clinical assignments as assigned, with a focus on Periodontics, including implant surgical procedures.
• Service – Participate in committees, faculty governance, professional societies and associations, community events, and provision of CE.
• Patient Care and Treatment – Provide direct patient care in ASDOH Clinics that supports community service, efficient clinic operations, student/resident education, or when in the best interest of the patient.
• Scholarship – Establish and maintain scholarly and/or research activity in area of expertise, at level consistent with scheduled annual workload.
• Pre-Clinical and Clinical Supervision: Provide supervision of predoctoral dental students in simulation and patient care activities within the scope of general dentistry with a focus periodontics; provide clinical supervision of ASDOH residents as assigned. This includes consultation, treatment planning, and direct patient care in coordination with student providers, CCU directors and other specialty faculty as needed.
• Oversee the development, implementation, revision and assessment of curriculum as assigned, integrating periodontics with other predoctoral curriculum, including behavioral, biomedical and clinical sciences.
• Documentation: Complete documentation on student performance/progress towards competency; review and approve EHR documentation in clinic and simulation lab.
• Support Director of Periodontics to coordinate with responsible Administrators, Asst/Assoc Deans in Clinic and Pre-Clinics, and Director of Clinic Operations to establish protocols related to curriculum responsibility areas; enforce clinic policy including infection control, QI, risk management, record keeping, assure safety and supervision and direction of clinic support staff.
Education & Experience:
• DDS degree required.
• Excellent communication, problem solving, crisis management and organizational skills, high emotional intelligence, tact and diplomacy.
• Must be able to be self-directed and take initiative; role model life-long learning and critical thinking skills.
• Must possess a high degree of in-depth knowledge and surgical skills in the field of Periodontics and dental implant surgery; be willing and able to act as a chair-side clinical faculty instructor (e.g., direct patient care; clinic demonstration, direct student observation of clinical activity).
• Specialty board certification by American Board of Periodontology is required.
• Minimum three years of clinical experience after completion of periodontics residency program is preferred.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits.
Doctorate or better in Dental Surgery, DDS.
Licenses & Certifications
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDeta il?opportunityId=30fe666d-8b8f-4e38-9776-d1caadc3e00c