Posting Number: req26577
Employment Type: Faculty
Faculty Type: Open Rank
COP Pharmaceutical Sciences (553A)
College of Pharmacy
The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.
The College of Pharmacy at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center invites applications for a full-time 12-month Assistant or Associate Professor, tenure track faculty position in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Rank will be determined based on experience of the candidate. The successful candidate will be expected to establish an extramurally funded research program and provide instruction to undergraduate (B.S.), professional (Pharm.D.) and graduate students (M.S., Ph.D.). Additional responsibilities include providing service to the College/University and broader scientific community and contributing to the vision, mission, and strategic plan of the College and the Department.
The UNM College of Pharmacy is highly ranked in National Institutes of Health (NIH) research funding among US colleges of pharmacy and is part of the UNM Health Sciences Center (HSC), the State’s largest health complex. Candidates will find a rich network of collaborators, research resources, and mentored career support to help build or strengthen their research programs. For example, the HSC campus currently has three Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence, focused on metals in biology and medicine; autophagy, inflammation, and metabolism; and brain and behavioral health. The College of Pharmacy also boasts an NIH-funded P42 Superfund Research Center and P50 Health Disparities Center. Additional opportunities for collaboration exist with the Comprehensive Cancer Center, the School of Medicine, the Clinical and Translational Sciences Center, and the Center for Biomedical Engineering, as well as researchers outside of UNM at Lovelace Biomedical and local National Laboratories. In addition to the highly collegial and intellectually stimulating academic environment, the University of New Mexico is located in the historically rich Southwest, an area of the country noted for its geographic beauty, pleasant climate, cultural diversity, and year-round recreational activities.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology, Toxicology, or a closely related discipline in biomedical or health sciences;
- A record of research productivity as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications;
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Evidence of an innovative research focus that builds on current programmatic strengths in environmental health.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
- Experience obtaining and managing extramural grants.
- Strong record of publication.
- Evidence of leadership.
Application InstructionsOnly applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
A complete application consists of:
(1) Current Curriculum Vitae;
(2) A signed Letter of Interest that addresses each minimum and preferred qualification for the position;
(3) A brief (2-3 page) Research Plan; and
(4) The names, addresses and contact information for three references.
For more information contact: Lisa Orona, at (email@example.com), (505) 272-0910.
For Best Consideration
This position will remain open until filled.
The University of New Mexico is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator.