General Summary of Position:
The Solomont School of Nursing at UMass Lowell is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and students and seeks a full-time faculty at the rank of Clinical Instructor. The Solomont School of Nursing has established a goal of becoming a Simulation Center of Excellence, and faculty hired into this role will participate in the effort to establish a Simulation Center of Excellence that is a regional leader in simulation education in Nursing.
Specifically, we invite applicants with clinical nursing expertise and experience with simulation, clinical, instructional labs, and didactic teaching to apply. Teaching is approximately 60% of the workload for this position. The clinical faculty member is expected to contribute by providing instructional support to simulation, laboratory, and clinical supervision to undergraduate nursing students. Clinical Instructors participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of educational programming in with a focus on simulation and Instructional skills laboratories. As a faculty member, this role will include participation in curriculum revision for the required implementation of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) New Essentials.
Clinical Instructors are required to be actively engaged in service support to the School of Nursing, Zuckerberg College, and the University; this is approximately 40% of the position. This support will include baccalaurate curriculum committee involvement, student advisement, faculty advising to student nursing organizations, participation in recruitment events, and involvement with interprofessional education opportunities within the Zuckerberg College. The service roles may involve such activities as fit testing of N95 masks for students and full-time/adjunct faculty, evaluation of equipment, practicum course coordination, and mentoring of adjunct faculty. Other service roles may include additional committee work for both the Solomont School of Nursing and Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences. We seek applicants recognized for teaching excellence, working with diverse populations, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- MS in Nursing
- Current unencumbered Massachusetts RN license
- Current clinical practice experience
- 3-5 years full or part-time, strong clinical, laboratory, simulation and didactic teaching experience with nursing students in a 4-year BS degree college/university nursing program
- Certification in Health Care Simulation or ability to obtain certification within first 2 years of hire
- Advanced Practice NP preparation and certification preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy and Experience – Please include 1) description of previous teaching experience with list of courses taught, and 2) teaching philosophy and style
- Teaching exemplar from clinical/lab or simulation experience
- Sample course evaluations
- Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process