Assistant/Associate Professor – Nursing
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The UMass Lowell Susan and Alan Solomont School of Nursing is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and students and seeks an experienced full-time tenure-track faculty member with research interests/research trajectory in Health Promotion Across the Lifespan. The candidate will be appointed at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level, depending upon qualifications.
Additionally, candidates with NIH funding in hand will be considered for the named Donna Manning Endowed Faculty Chair for Nursing. The Endowed Faculty Chair will lead research and mentor faculty in the Solomont School of Nursing. Faculty research at the Solomont School of Nursing is focused on health promotion and health disparities research. Current faculty research includes: occupational health; workforce diversity; nursing education; global health; and gerontology and geropsychiatric nursing.
Located 30 miles north of Boston, in a rejuvenated former mill city, UMass Lowell has experienced dramatic growth in research funding, total endowments, and student enrollment over the past eight years. It is a Carnegie Classification Doctoral University – Higher Research Activity and conducts more than $65 million in sponsored research annually.
The Solomont School of Nursing is located within the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences. The Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences is a dynamic, growing College that prepares professionals and scientists in a wide range of health science fields. Faculty research ranges from the lab bench to clinical interventions and community projects. Research programs with significant funding and vibrant community partnerships and engagement opportunities enrich and support our educational programs. The College is a leader in inter professional education, research and practice opportunities for faculty and students. Opportunities for research linkages exist with other UMass Lowell Colleges, Research Centers and across the 5-campus UMass system.
The individual will also be engaged in service to the School and College as required. We seek applicants recognized for teaching excellence, scholarly productivity, ability to work with diverse populations, and excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Candidates must hold an earned research doctorate in nursing or a related field from an accredited institution
- Postdoctoral education experience is required
- Candidates must have evidence of academic teaching experience in four-year University/College institutions, including graduate teaching
- Be at, or have credentials consistent with, rank of Associate Professor/Professor, including a record of significant and current external funding
- Candidates seeking Assistant Professor must have an active research program with evidence of current funding success. Postdoctoral training required.
- Candidates seeking Associate Professor must currently be at, or have credentials consistent with, tenured Associate Professor with a strong record of scholarship and current extramurally supported research.
- Those seeking Full Professor must be a tenured Associate or Full Professor with a very strong record of recent scholarship and a consistent and current record of extramurally-supported research
- The candidate must hold an active RN license and be eligible for a Massachusetts RN license
- Consistent publication history in peer-reviewed, high-impact journals
- Candidates being considered for the Donna Manning Endowed Chair must have evidence of academic experience in mentoring faculty in the areas of scholarship, research, and teaching
- Candidates being considered for the Donna Manning Endowed Chair must have NIH funding in hand
· A vision that will help position the School to be prominent on the national stage
· Minimum of five years in academia
· Leadership on national professional societies
· Editorial board experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Appointment to begin fall 2019.
To apply, please include a CV, cover letter, teaching statement/philosophy, research statement, copy of three recent research publications, research accomplishments and future plan to: http://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/495525/assistantassociate-professor-nursing
Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Applications received by November 15, 2018, will be considered in the first review of candidates. However, later applications may be considered for the position. This position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.