Provides oversight and educational leadership, ensures a quality educational program within a learning environment, and coordinates resources and systems related to learning in the Radiography Associate Program within Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences.
- Assumes leadership role in the continued development of the Program.
- Calls, coordinates, and chairs Radiography Program meetings and advisory committee meetings.
- Maintain and reviews philosophy, goals, and outcomes of the Radiography Program.
- Plans, develops, monitors, and evaluates radiography curriculum to meet specifications of accreditation standards and maintain congruency with College and Program frameworks.
- Prepares self-study for Program (re)accreditation and annual report in required timeframe.
- Assists Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences in recruitment, selection, and development of faculty and staff.
- Evaluates program faculty.
- Makes faculty assignments in accordance with established workload policy and in consultation with the Dean.
- Participates in College and Program activities that contribute to quality of education and effective functioning of the College and Radiography Program.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning required in a related health care field or education with additional related certifications preferred. Must have evidence of current expertise in radiography practice and higher education. The Coordinator shall be full-time and hold the minimum rank of Assistant Professor and .shall meet all qualifications of the appropriate rank.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS: Previous experience in higher education administration and/or clinical supervision preferred. Documents three years full-time experience in the professional discipline and two years experience as an instructor in a JRCERT accredited program. Must possess knowledge of licensure and professional accreditation. Must be organized and able to perform work of a complex nature. Awareness of transcultural health care values, learning environment, and institutional/program assessment needed. Must have excellent information processing skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with accuracy. Working knowledge of word-processing and spread sheet/database management required.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS: Must possess the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists certification or equivalent in the professional discipline and licensure in the pertinent discipline in Illinois and Iowa, or be eligible to do so
About Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences
With a presence in the Quad Cities for more than 100 years, Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences has become the community leader in developing experienced and knowledgeable health professionals. We currently offer four academic degree programs:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
Associate of Applied Science in Radiography
Associate of Applied Science in Respiratory Care
Master of Science in Nursing
Our Integrated Approach
Our academic programs are well-respected and focus on the development of the critical thinking and practical skills necessary for entry into today's fast-changing health care environment. Through our affiliation with Trinity Regional Health System, our students are able to work with some of the most technologically advanced equipment in the medical field, in both simulated and clinical settings.
Our dedicated faculty and staff work closely with other area health care professionals, bringing a collaborative and holistic approach to the curriculum.
Rich Community Tradition
The College's long history of integration and passion for community health care demonstrates our responsiveness to the changing health care needs of the region. Our origins can be traced back to 1898 when health care was much different than it is today. As the College has grown over the years we have developed innovative teaching strategies using cutting-edge technologies to prepare health care professionals for the dynamic health care environment.