Goodwin College strives to educate a culturally diverse student population in an environment that builds bridges between education, commerce, and community. This instructor position is an exciting opportunity in Goodwin College’s growing Public Health Program.
We are seeking an experienced professional with at least 5 years of public health experience, plus at least 3 years of prior teaching experience. Candidates with research, graduate level teaching experience and current practice in public health are preferred. A history of successful grant writing is also highly recommended.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess necessary skills to organize and develop relevant curriculum and teach/evaluate student performance. Delivery of duties may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Regularly engage in professional development activities, such as internal and external workshops, and trade related conferences, staying abreast of technological advances.
- Represent the college in a professional, positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, staff, faculty, administrators, and community contacts.
- Possess the ability to demonstrate respect for and sensitivity to a diverse student population.
- Possess ability to develop, organize, and present various curriculum concepts to a wide diversity of students.
- Establish and maintain positive personal/professional working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators, and all community contacts.
- Possess ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled faculty/department meetings unless excused by the Program Director.
- Keep attendance records on all students to comply with federal financial aid guidelines.
- Assist with the development and implementation of retention and recruiting strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Doctoral degree in public health
- 5 years of experience in public health, including supervisory experience
- Experience in curriculum development
- Experience in pedagogy
- Experience using the Blackboard online course management system
- Ability to teach in on ground, hybrid and online courses.
Interested applicants, please submit your cover letter and resume to www.goodwin.edu/jobs