· Assist in curriculum development and instructional advancement in the field of Nursing, both LVN and RN.
· Assess the instructional needs of students in the program and help coordinate the development of a plan to address these needs.
· Teach courses as assigned determined by need and/or expertise.
· Coordinate departmental textbook orders
· Assist in the core curriculum evaluations of the program, assessment of institutional effectiveness and preparation of reports.
· Assist in the hiring of faculty or staff across college by being part of search committee as needed.
· Maintain communication and work cooperatively with clinical instructors of off-campus instructional sites.
· Assist with coordination of dual credit classes.
· Serve on at least two college committees.
· Maintain quality assurance to remain compliant with all required agencies.
· Obtain qualified preceptors at each clinical facility and monitor preceptors and students in various off campus clinical facilities.
· Conduct student recruitment through information sessions and in all areas to build the program.
· Maintain appropriate on-campus office hours as outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Perform other related duties which may be requested by the Director of Nursing or Vice President of Academic Affairs & Student Learning. (related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but that are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work.) Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required: Bachelors in Nursing. Minimum of three years higher education teaching experience (classroom and clinical),
Preferred: Masters Ph.D. or Ed.D w/ Master’s in Nursing preferred.
Full-time teaching experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: Current unencumbered Illinois Registered Professional Nurse License or Eligible to be licensed in IL