Rasmussen College is seeking an experienced Surgical Technologist passionate about taking their own experience and translating that into helping students succeed in meeting their educational and professional goals. Rasmussen is a great place to work if you are seeking a fulfilling yet challenging career opportunity. Our faculty receive ongoing training and support to build upon their teaching, presentation and mentoring skills.
The Faculty and Clinical Coordinator role is responsible for student clinical education experiences, clinical site placements, and student evaluations both online and at clinical sites. The role works with site Clinical Instructor regarding student progress and supervision and conducts site visits, student evaluation, and review of surgical cases with students at least once per quarter. In addition, this role is responsible for teaching courses in a variety of modalities while promoting and supporting the vision and mission of Rasmussen College
- Responsible for student clinical education experiences, clinical site placements, and student evaluations both online and at the clinical sites.
- Works with site Clinical Instructor regarding student progress and supervision
- Conducts site visits, student evaluation, and review of surgical cases with students at least once per quarter
Responsible for teaching courses in a variety of modalities while promoting and supporting the vision and mission of Rasmussen College.
Faculty expectations include:
Professionalism: Model professional behavior and communication for students including exhibiting appropriate behavior, language, demeanor, and dress at all times. Collaborate with student support personnel providing academic and professional guidance for students
Use of Technology: Research and utilize digital content in courses to connect students to more resources. Adhere to Adjunct Faculty Expectations established by the College. Utilize online grade books and communication techniques to further engage students in their own learning; use online database tools for communicating with campus personnel and documenting necessary information
Content Expertise: Facilitate highly effective and engaging learning environments in various teaching modalities including residential, online, FLEX and FLAT, meeting the diverse needs of learners. Creates and maintains course materials in compliance with College and regulatory requirements. Assess student learning, provide feedback and support, and refer student for additional support when necessary
Professional Development and In-Service Training: Participate in community service and College In-Service Training Programs and meetings. Participate in professional organizations and professional development activities including webinars, seminars and conferences in field of study. Develop, review and adhere to academic policies and procedures for the college. Actively participate in advisory boards, student organizations and system committees. Create, implement and evaluate annual professional development plan
The Surgical Technologist Program Clinical Coordinator will report to an Academic Dean.
This role is assigned 4.5-5.5 work units per academic quarter.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience, either in the operating room scrub role, or as an instructor in surgical technology, or a combination of both, within the past 5 years.
- CST or CST/CSFA
- Bachelor’s Degree in field of instruction or equivalent in the occupational field required. Note, Rasmussen College follows the requirements set by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, and the states in which the campuses operate.
- Must be able to provide professional licenses/certifications and official transcripts for each degree earned from an accredited institution before teaching.
- Prior teaching experience preferred.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with students, leadership, and peers.
- Excellent written communication and strong verbal communication skills in the English language.
About Rasmussen College
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college that is dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through high-demand and flexible educational programs. Since 1900, the College has been committed to academic innovation and providing the highest standard of education while empowering students to pursue a college degree. Rasmussen College offers certificate and diploma programs through associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs online and across its 22 Midwest and Florida campuses. A pioneer in online education, the College is helping lead advancements in innovations such as competency-based education and comprehensive student support services that help working adults advance their careers. The College is also committed to providing a positive impact on society through public service and a variety of community-based initiatives. For more information about Rasmussen College, please visit rasmussen.edu.
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee’s differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.