The Assistant Professor (Kinesiology/Health) responsibilities include, but are not limited, to teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, secure research funding, publish research and advising students.
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses within the field of expertise.
- Facilitate student learning, class preparation, grading, electronic correspondence, evaluating and sourcing course materials, facilitating e-learning and related duties.
- Secure research funding, publish research in peer-reviewed books and journals and attend professional conferences.
- Serve as an academic advisor, provide mentorship to students and student organizations; and serving on internal and external committees.
Required Education and Experience:
- Ph.D., Ed.D or Dr.P.H. in Kinesiology and Health or related field.
- One to three years of teaching experience in Higher Education.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Ph.D., Ed.D, or Dr.P.H.in Kinesiology.
- Three years of teaching experience in Higher Education.
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Application Submission Guidelines:
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.