The Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism and the Center for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU is the region’s most comprehensive program for children with diabetes and other endocrine disorders. The center offers medical care, clinical trials, medical nutrition therapy, diabetes education, nurse navigator, social work, psychological support, all in one convenient location. The Division of Pediatric Endocrinology seeks a physician to join the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism. Academic rank will be commensurate with experience. This is a non-tenure eligible position.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
This position will be a clinician educator who will provide medical care to pediatric patients with endocrine related illnesses and endocrine disorders. Our multidisciplinary team of experts offers medical care, clinical research trials, medical nutrition therapy, psychological support, education, and support groups. Candidates will teach endocrinology providers of the future and participate in Departmental research. Candidates should be eager to advance their academic career in a collegial atmosphere.
- Faculty member will have teaching responsibilities in the area of Pediatric Endocrinology. Faculty will provide guidance and mentorship to Residents, Chief Residents, and Fellows when applicable.
- Faculty member will have working knowledge in basic research methods and be able to participate in clinical, translational, and outcomes research.
- Faculty member will serve on departmental or School of Medicine level committees when appropriate, as well as professional service through journal review, conference presentations, etc.
- Faculty member will serve as a Pediatric Endocrinologist for the Departments of Pediatrics.
- Other (for instance administrative duties, etc.)
- Faculty member will take on administrative duties associated with this role.
- Board certified or board eligible in Pediatric Endocrinology
- Experience with clinical care of patients
- Experience in an academic medical center
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
- Preference will be given to a candidate with interest and expertise servicing a rapidly growing transgender pediatric population.
- Preference will be given to applicants with clinical or basic science research experience and the ability to apply for and obtain early career awards from the NIH or other funding agencies.
Application Process/Additional InformationInterested candidates should apply online at https://www.vcujobs.com and provide an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV).