Primary responsibility will be as a nursing instructor in the health care programs area and will include advising students, serving on institutional committees, and performing other related work commensurate with faculty status. Assignments will include teaching/facilitating lecture/lab/clinic and assessing student progress in achieving theory and performance requirements of the program. Nursing faculty who teach in a program leading to initial licensure as a nurse shall, prior to or within the first three years of employment, have preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, appropriate to assignment; maintain competence in the areas of assigned responsibility; and have current knowledge of nursing practice for the registered nurse and the licensed practical nurse. Teaching assignments may be at either the New Bern or Havelock campus and may include day, evening, weekend, and online courses. Clinical assignments will be at off-site locations.
- M.S.N. and two years of experience in direct patient contact as a registered nurse; and current unrestricted R.N. license in North Carolina are required. Degree(s) must be from an accredited institution.
- Previous community college teaching experience preferred.
- Must possess an understanding of and commitment to the role of the community college system.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive, effective working relationship with students, staff, faculty, and health care representatives.
- Hiring range is $49,000 – $54,000
- Benefits include paid holidays, sick leave, medical insurance, and participation in the N.C. State Retirement System.
Federal Law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position with Craven Community College.
APPLY ONLINE at www.cravencc.edu , select “Employment” at the bottom of the web page (under About Us). That will take you to the Human Resources main page. Click on the links for “Employment Opportunities”, “Job Center”.
Applicants must submit all required documents requested in the online application process to be considered. Before a candidate is hired, a pre-employment criminal background investigation and employer/professional reference check will be conducted.
January 8, 2020
About Craven Community College
Craven Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, or citizenship status. Craven Community College is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution