Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at https://jobs.hr.ncsu.edu/.
Department: 194001 – Dept Molecular Biomedical Scie
Location: Raleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties:
The responsibilities of the new faculty member will include a 32-36 week clinical effort, specifically:
• Supervision for clinical anesthesia service within the teaching hospital. This involves patient assessment and care; and supervision and teaching of technicians, house officers, and fourth year veterinary medical students during delivery of anesthesia care to client-owned patients.
• Supervise and provide professional support to house officers throughout their training program.
• Provide professional consultation to other services of the NC State Veterinary Hospital, and to the professional community at large.
This involves personal consultation and receiving telephone requests. Additional teaching responsibilities will include:
• Provide professional training to students enrolled in the CVM professional curriculum. This involves clinical activity in the teaching hospital, rounds, teaching laboratory exercises, and didactic instruction.
• Clinical and academic instruction for house officers via rounds and reading group participation.
The remaining effort will include scholarly activity through collaborative or independent research and participation in CVM and/or NC State Veterinary Hospital committee activities.
Other duties as assigned
Requires doctor’s degree, an equivalent degree, or equivalent professional experience.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with others in a collegial team atmosphere.
• Board eligible or Diplomate of the ACVAA or ECVAA
Required license or certification:
Candidates must meet requirements for veterinary licensure or a faculty certificate in North Carolina.
Position Number: 00065520
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process are welcome to contact 919-515-3148 to speak with a representative at the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.