Please upload your resume on the Apply screen. Your application will automatically populate your resume details, and you may verify and update data on the My Information page.
Please review the job posting and load ALL documents required in the job posting to the Resume/CV document upload section at the bottom of the My Experience application page. Use the Select Files button to add multiple documents including your Resume/CV, references, cover letter, and any other supporting documents required in the job posting. The “My Experience” page is the only opportunity to add your required supporting document attachments. You will not be able to modify your application after you submit it.
Current Mercer University Employees:
Apply from your existing Workday account. Do not apply from the external careers website. Log in to Workday and type Jobs Hub in the search bar. Locate the position and click Apply.
Faculty, Internal Medicine Department:
Internal Medicine College/Division:
School Of Medicine
Primary Job Posting Location:
Macon, GA 31207
Additional Job Posting Locations:
(Other locations that this position could be based)
Mercer University School of Medicine is searching for a Faculty for Internal Medicine. This is a 12-month, non-tenure track appointment. Rank to be determined based on the credentials of the selected candidate.
Teaching/Clinical Duties: 80% of time
• Faculty attending for in-patient ward teams (approximately 8-10 months/year)
• Ambulatory Care Clinic faculty attending (1 to 2 clinic sessions/week)
• Teaching physical diagnosis for residents and/or students/clinical skills
• Teaching and mentoring residents and/or students in the practice of internal medicine
• Participating in core curriculum conferences, morning report, student teaching rounds, and other departmental teaching conferences
• Participating in tutorial program for medical students
• Mercer Medicine duties as assigned
Administrative Duties: 15% of time
• Participating on departmental/school/hospital committees as requested or appointed
• Other administrative duties as assigned by department chairman/PD
Research Duties: 5% of time
•Participating in departmental clinical trials as appropriate to faculty training & interests
•Assisting residents and/or students with research/scholarly activities as appropriate
• Participating in scholarly research as appropriate to faculty training & interests, including inter-departmental research projects and presentations
Board certified/board eligible in Internal Medicine
Georgia medical license or eligibility for licensure in the State of Georgia
Background Check Contingencies:
– Criminal History
Required Document Attachments:
– Cover letter
– List of three professional references with contact information
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Mercer University recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Mercer University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, or religion.