The Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy (EJB) seeks to hire an
Assistant Professor of Teaching or Practice, Non-Tenure Track, renewable three-year appointment in Health Administration at the Edward J. Bloustein School, New Brunswick Campus.
The position will be a full-time appointment in the School’s three Health Administration programs (Executive MHA, MHA, and undergraduate major). The position reports to the EJB Associate Dean of Faculty and is supervised by the Program Director for Health Administration.
Candidates for the position must have an extensive and successful record as a practitioner, able to successfully mentor and develop future healthcare leaders. The successful candidate will be expected to assume course responsibility in two or more of the following competency realms:
- LEAN/Six Sigma
- Information systems in Health Care
- Health Insurance and/or Payor Systems
- Human Resources and Benefits
The successful candidate will demonstrate continuing engagement in the profession, either through consultancies or engagement in a research program or programs. She or he will have a degree of professional experience (broadly defined) in leadership and management of healthcare delivery and a demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to assume a future leadership position in the Health Administration programs.
The successful applicant should be available to begin either January 1, 2020 or Sept 1, 2020.
Minimum Education and ExperienceMinimum Qualifications
- A doctorate or the equivalent terminal professional degree in a discipline related to health administration. The position is open to a diverse range of disciplines including decision science, management/leadership, administration, organizational behavior, or Human Resources.
- An area of expertise that includes two of the following: Health Care Information and Information Systems, Finance and Financial Management, Health insurance/Managed Care, LEAN Quality Improvement and/or Pharmaceutical Management.
- Evidence of effective teaching at the graduate and undergraduate level.
- Fellowship – American College of Healthcare Executives [preferred]
- Practical (field-based) health administration experience. Candidates with FACHE qualification are especially encouraged.
- Leadership experience in either the development or support of graduate education or a health care delivery organization.
- Experience working with community-based health organizations.
- Experience supervising graduate/undergraduate internships.
OverviewThe Bloustein School at Rutgers University offers undergraduate degrees in Health Administration, Public Health, Public Policy, Planning and Public Policy; Master’s degrees are offered in Health Administration, Urban Planning and Policy Development, as well as in Public Policy; the Ph.D. in Planning and Public Policy is also available; several joint degrees in public health, business, law, infrastructure, and other fields. The School has more than a dozen research centers and institutes, and annually attracts more than $20 million in external funds. For further information, visit http://bloustein.rutgers.edu
Rutgers is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer committed to expanding the educational diversity of its faculty and students and encourages applications from a broad variety of candidates. For more information about Rutgers, visit https://www.rutgers.edu
Special Instructions to ApplicantsApplicants should submit a letter of application, a curriculum vita, a writing sample, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Review of applications will immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus: Downtown New Brunswick
Location DetailsEdward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, 33 Livingston Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ 08901