Instructor – Anesthesia Technology
Tarrant County College District
Posting Number: F003892
Position Status: Full Time
Assignment Length: 12 month
Grant Funded: No
Class Code: 23
Pay Rate: Commensurate with education and experience.
Location: Trinity River
Department: TR Therp Servcs & Hlth Inform
Reporting to the campus department instructional leader, instructors provide assistance to students in their learning process by utilizing all appropriate college resources, materials, facilities, and educational technologies available to complement the teaching and learning process providing a direct impact to student success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accepts and teaches classes based on varied schedules and modalities as assigned by designated supervisor (may include online or Weekend College)
• Accommodates diverse student needs and external stakeholders’ expectations of the College
• Demonstrates a sensitivity toward and respect for the myriad diversities represented in the student population, colleagues, and service area
• Aids in the development of curricula, including individual course syllabi as assigned
• Prepares and delivers instruction to students following the College Master Syllabus using the approved learning management system
• Works with colleagues to select appropriate textbooks for departmental adoptions, and abides by departmental decisions for textbooks
• Communicates regularly with students and college officials, including responding to e-mails, calls, and requests for meetings
• Independently pursues activities to enhance subject matter expertise, skills in various modes of instruction, and knowledge of learning
• Prepares assignments and assessments to assure achievement of learning outcomes
• Designs and maintains an active classroom environment conducive to student learning and success
• Maintains student attendance records weekly and certifies student enrollments by the established deadline
• Evaluates student performance and learning in accordance with discipline and department standards
• Provides regular and timely evaluation feedback to students, posts grades in the learning management system weekly, and submits final grades by the established deadline
• Assigns grades consistent with course requirements
• Assists in College’s commitment to assessing student learning outcomes and program learning outcomes and to achieving institutional performance measures
• Accepts assignments as necessary at other sites such as for dual credit courses
• Supports the College’s 3 Goals and 8 Principles
• Complete all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Support the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Attends the workplace regularly and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Adheres to College policies and procedures
• Adheres to applicable safety procedures
Performs other related tasks as required.
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the diverse types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures:
• Associate’s degree or higher*
• Current certification as Anesthesia Technologist/Technician
• Three (3) years of non-teaching work experience as Certified Anesthesia Technologist/Technician, CRNA, or Anesthesiologist
*Degree must be from a regionally accredited college or university
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures:
• Associate’s degree or higher* in Anesthesia Technology or related area
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment and a setting that is diverse
• Ability to think critically to effectively solve and communicate problems in a fast-paced environment where the demands for work are varied, and unpredictable in scope and volume
• Ability to use computer applications and enterprise systems, including proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
• Skilled in excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with diverse populations
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary: The individual selected for this position may be appointed to serve as the Program Director for the Anesthesia Technology Program at Tarrant County College.
These positions are appointed by the Trinity River Campus President and are normally rotated among FT faculty members within the program. Supplemental payment for such appointments are set annually and paid in addition to the faculty pay.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2308337
Tarrant County College is an equal opportunity/equal access institution.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.