Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to: be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; be committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; be committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus, on-line, or at off-campus sites within our region.
As the Health Services Administration Assistant/Associate/Full Professor and Program Director for the MS program, you will provide leadership and management of the Master of Science in Health Sciences Program as well as teach at the graduate and/or undergraduate graduate levels in the Department of Health Sciences. The Department of Health Sciences currently houses the Bachelor of Sciences in health sciences, Bachelor of Sciences Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Bachelor of Sciences in Public Health, Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, Masters of Science in Health Sciences. In addition, we offer two certificate programs and will be re-launching the bachelor’s in health administration in fall 2020. As Program Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for curriculum delivery and program assessment ensuring the established program and department goals are met. which leads to the success of our students. The candidate will be responsible for recruitment of students and ensuring academic progression of our matriculated students. In collaboration with the department faculty, the ability to foster student success and job placement is critical. The successful candidate will perform scholarly activities including conducting research, presenting research results at professional conferences, producing publications and pursing external sources of funding to support such activities. Following, the candidate will provide service to the Department, College, University, Community, and the Profession. The successful individual is expected to be an excellent teacher and mentor students in discipline-relevant experiences and/or practicum experiences. Lastly, this candidate will be expected to be an active member of the Department participating in curriculum review and development which includes programmatic development and assessment activities. The successful candidate will report directly to the Chair of the Department of Health Sciences in the Marieb College of Health & Human Services.
- Doctorate in Health Services Administration, Public Health, Health Services Research, or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate level teaching experience at a regionally accredited institution.
- Demonstrated ability of curriculum development.
- Demonstrated ability of program evaluation and assessment.
- Demonstrated ability of recruitment and retention of students.
- 2-3 years of prior program leadership.
- Research agenda and teaching expertise in Finance/Economics and/or Health Information Systems.
- Research Agenda focused on Health Services Administration.
- Demonstrated experience in online teaching with the use of Learning Management systems (LMS).
- Demonstrated ability to mentor graduate student research.
- 3-5 years of post-secondary teaching experience.