- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Current RN licensure in Kansas with no disciplinary action pending
- Experience in health care administration or health care teaching
- Five years of experience in health care administration or teaching
- Identify, plan, and direct the Health Occupations program according to goals and priorities of the institution and needs and requirements of the Health Occupations industry.
- Develop and submit annual budget requests to support instructional needs of the program.
- Administer approved budgets, evaluating and tracking expenditures to ensure the appropriate use of available funds.
- Identify, compile, and analyze data to assess Health Occupations programs and prepare reports as required, needed, and assigned.
- Work with faculty, Washburn Tech staff and affiliating agencies to schedule courses and clinicals, organize health occupations activities and classes, manage facilities and ensure the needs of Health Occupations department are met.
- Assist Admissions and Student Services staff with recruitment and student selection activities, representing the interests of Health Occupations and contributing to the performance of the institution.
- Monitor and indirectly supervise the activities of the Regional Simulation Center.
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Dean for Instruction and the Director for Instruction to direct and supervise technical instructors and adjuncts for Health Occupations programs, providing feedback, guidance, and evaluation of individuals’ performance.
- Work with the Associate Dean for Instruction to recruit new staff, appointing screening committees, participating in interviews, and recommending candidates for hire.
- Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings, keeping staff informed of relevant issues and fostering a team environment.
- Address concerns and complaints involving Health Occupations instructors and students.
- Work with the Associate Dean for Instruction and the Director for Instruction to ensure that student learning is assessed in all health occupations programs and apply assessment results, as needed, to adjust and modify programs for continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with government agencies and industry representatives.
- Stay abreast of changes, issues, and concerns regarding regulatory compliance and implement changes as needed.
- Stay abreast of needs and concerns within the local Health Occupations community and implement changes as needed to ensure students have the skills needed to secure employment after program completion.
- Maintain accreditation for programs within Health Occupations as appropriate.
- Attend meetings off campus and around the state.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Application review will continue until the position is filled. To apply submit a letter of interest, resume, copies of transcripts, and the names and contact information of three professional references to: Mike Brassel, VPAA Office, Washburn University, 1700 SW College Ave, Topeka, KS 66621 or, firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic or hardcopy applications materials will be accepted. If submitting application materials electronically, please use “Health Occupations Coordinator” in the subject line. The successful candidate will be required to provide official transcripts and submit to a background check prior to hire.
Washburn is an EOE and dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com