American National University has immediate opening for an onsite HIM program director.
A Program Director is expected to be committed to the institution and work to support the Mission of the institution. They should be focused on students and supporting students to reach their career goal.
This is a salaried exempt position and qualifies for all benefits offered by the University. Employees in this position are not eligible for overtime and are expected to complete bi-weekly time sheets.
Program Directors are expected to teach a maximum of 3 courses per term (approximately 60 students). They will also manage externships which are not considered a teaching prep.
- Supervision of specific program.
- Participate in Curriculum Development Meetings.
- Participate in curriculum and textbook reviews.
- Assist students with scheduling.
- Complete reports as needed to send to accrediting bodies (CAHIIM application experience preferred).
- Each term provide academic advising to students in the program.
- Observe and evaluate faculty in the program.
- Participate in both student and faculty orientation.
- Assist Director of Distance Education with hiring of new faculty.
- Assist with assigning faculty to classes each term.
- Provide Assistance with information required to submit to accrediting bodies.
- Follow the approved course syllabus to deliver course content according to method of instruction provided by the University.
- Grade all assessments, record grades and provide student feedback.
- Competently utilize Canvas, virtual library, synchronous video delivery tools and other University resources to deliver courses following University approved syllabi.
- Complete an annual professional development plan that includes at least 2 professional development activities and 2 in-service activities. Provide documentation of completed plan.
- Incorporate the use of outside resources into courses including guest speakers and virtual library use.
- Sign and follow the faculty expectations document each term.
- Attend faculty meetings as scheduled, including bi-annual academic board meetings
Education and Experience
- Must have at minimum, a baccalaureate degree, but master’s degree is preferred
- Must be certified as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) with at least 2 years of occupational experience
- Prospective Faculty must submit a transcript and resume for evaluation
- Compliance will review and submit a Course Approval form indicating which courses the faculty member may teach.
- Online and video conferencing teaching experience preferred
- American National University is an equal opportunity employer.