DeSales University is seeking a Founding Director to develop a Master of Science in Speech Language Pathology program while pursuing Council of Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) accreditation. The Director will be a demonstrated leader who shares our Salesian values of gentleness, humility, gratitude, wisdom and inclusivity. Reporting to the Division Head, Healthcare Programs and Graduate Dean, the Director will develop a mission-driven program that complements our portfolio of successful healthcare and nursing programs.
The Director will be responsible for the following:
- lead the planning, curriculum development, program management and implementation of the new master’s level program in speech language pathology.
- collaborate with the university leadership to further define program needs, including the development of a clinic.
- oversee the accreditation process to ensure standards are met, reports are submitted and compliance is achieved.
- recruit and oversee highly-qualified teaching and clinical faculty. Conduct assessment of faculty and curriculum for the department.
- establish and cultivate partnerships with appropriate providers for student clinical experiences.
- market and promote the graduate program in collaboration with the marketing and admissions teams.
- partner with the Dean, Undergraduate Studies and relevant Department Chairs to develop appropriate undergraduate prerequisite coursework.
- work with health science and nursing faculty to develop inter-professional education (IPE) experiences.
- oversee budget planning and fiscal management for the program.
- maintain competence and demonstrate pursuit of lifelong learning.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- an earned doctorate (PhD, EdD or clinical doctorate) and a graduate degree in speech-language pathology
- current American Speech – Language Hearing Association (ASHA) certification in speech-language pathology
- Pennsylvania state licensure or willingness to pursue state licensure
- teaching experience in speech-language pathology coursework
Rank for this twelve-month position is commensurate with relevant experience and scholarly achievement.
Application review will begin immediately – the position will remain open until filled. Please send letter of application, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation and photocopies of transcripts to Ron Nordone, Dean, Graduate Education, DeSales University, 2755 Station Avenue, Center Valley, PA 18034-9558 or firstname.lastname@example.org