D’Youville invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track appointment as a Program Director and Assistant Professor The School of Health Professions welcomes applications from dynamic, energized and committed persons who are ready to be a vital member of our team. We seek a highly motivated individual with demonstrated success in professional practice and post-secondary-level teaching in diverse and inclusive environments. The candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational abilities, and leadership qualities.
The Speech Language Pathology program will join D’Youville’s School of Health Professions as one of nine departments with an annual enrollment of 1,000 students matriculated in undergraduate to doctoral degree programs. With a dedicated and engaged faculty committed to academic excellence and an inclusive environment for teaching and learning, the School of Health Professions embraces curricular innovation with a focus on inter-professional education. The School promotes scholarship among its faculty and students and is committed to maintaining a footprint of service that honors the spirit of Marguerite D’Youville.
D’Youville is an innovative, private, coeducational institution serving 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo, NY. D’Youville is launching a new health professions hub to provide a healthcare clinic, educational and workforce development opportunities, and new connections to the surrounding neighborhood.
Under new leadership, D’Youville is immersed in ambitious change initiatives to further grow enrollment, improve health outcomes, and profoundly impact student success. Comprehensive strategic planning underway includes academic planning, technology planning, and significant investments in vital updates to campus facilities. Dedicated to building thriving, healthy communities, D’Youville is nurturing new and existing community partnerships.
Buffalo, the second largest city in New York, is home to 21 institutions of higher education, numerous cultural attractions, two professional sports teams, and year-round outdoor activities. D’Youville is located in close proximity to Lake Erie, Niagara Falls, and Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The selected applicant will be responsible for:
- curricular/clinical and academic policies and student success and progression
- faculty hiring, evaluation, scholarship and professional development
- assessment (course, clinical, program) and accreditation
- service on college-wide committees and collaborate across schools and departments on campus initiatives
- teaching and mentoring students
- providing leadership and direction to the unit
- Holds a doctoral degree in speech-language pathology, audiology, or in speech, language, and hearing science, communication science disorders or related field.
- Holds a current NYS license to practice in professional area of expertise.
- Post-secondary level teaching experience.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and experience.
Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Interested applicants should provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contact information of three references .