Quinnipiac University’s School of Health Sciences invites applications for a tenure track faculty position in Occupational Therapy at the rank of Assistant Professor. This position will begin Fall 2019. In this role, you will participate in the teaching and advising of Occupational Therapy students, engage in scholarship and service to the University.
About the School/Program:
The Department of Occupational Therapy is part of the School of Health Sciences. The Quinnipiac University School of Health Sciences offers a comprehensive spectrum of health science programs designed to address the evolving health needs of a diverse society. Building upon a solid foundation in the basic sciences and liberal arts and using innovative teaching and hands-on experience, the School of Health Sciences seeks to integrate theory, research, and practice to best prepare health care practitioners and biomedical scientists who can demonstrate leadership in their disciplines and in the global community. The School of Health Sciences offers a student-centered learning environment with inter professional collaboration within and across the schools and colleges of the University.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to three core values: high-quality academic programs, a student-oriented environment, and a strong sense of community. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Teach in the mental health/psychosocial and/or geriatric threads of the OT curriculum
- Engage in service at the departmental, school, and University levels including advising of students, and participation in committee and community service aligned with the University’s mission and strategic initiatives
- Engage in scholarship and development expected of rank
- Maintain requirements for accreditation and commit to inclusion and excellence of the academic community
- Earned or near-completion of post-professional doctoral degree
- Research-based doctorate is preferred – i.e., PhD, ScD
- Minimum of 10 years of documented field experience as an occupational therapist with at least 2 years of teaching experience in an academic or clinical setting
- Evidence of clinical practice, service, and/or scholarship in the areas of mental health or psychosocial practice
- Record of service leadership or community-based program development
- Evidence of scholarship
- According to the Department Guidelines for OT Faculty, the faculty must also
* be licensed (eligible for licensure in CT)
* hold current OTR certification by NBCOT; and
* be an AOTA member in good standing
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.