Fresno Pacific University invites applications for a Kinesiology faculty position in its programs serving traditional undergraduate, degree completion, and graduate students. The Department offers Bachelor of Science degrees in Exercise Physiology, Pre-Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy, Bachelor of Arts degrees in Exercise Science, Fitness Management, and Physical Education, Master of Arts degrees in Athletic Training, Kinesiology, and Sport Administration. Modern facilities house faculty offices, a multi-purpose fitness facility, laboratories; the campus is in close proximity to regional medical centers, running and cycling trails, natural areas such as Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks, and the nation’s most productive agricultural region. Department faculty members are committed to excellent undergraduate and graduate education; our graduates have a strong record of career placement, and acceptance into graduate and professional schools.
- Teach undergraduate and online graduate courses within the Kinesiology curriculum such as exercise science courses (e.g. physiology of exercise, fitness analysis, motor behavior), or other program areas possible (e.g. physical education pedagogy courses, assessment) depending upon background and interests;
- Develop and maintain an active scholarly research agenda that incorporates student research;
- Mentor and advise Kinesiology students (as well as general education students);
- Maintain professional memberships and professional development;
- Contribute to departmental, university and community activities and service;
- Communicate Christian faith and demonstrate the integration of faith into the classroom.
- Terminal degree (or nearly completed doctorate) in an area directly related to course work described above;
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement;
- Evidence of the potential to be a strong mentor and advisor to pre-physical therapy and/or pre-occupational therapy or Kinesiology majors (as well as general education students);
- Evidence of potential for excellent college-level instruction;
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment;
- Ability to integrate kinesiology and Christian faith;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Specialization in exercise physiology, biomechanics, or motor behavior;
- Able to teach physical education courses;
- College teaching experience;
- Experience in distance-learning or online teaching.
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea at fresno.edu/about/fpu_idea.
COMPENSATION: Dependent on qualifications and experience, and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
APPLICATION: The link to the application is within the job description at http://www.fresno.edu/visitors/careers
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
Karen M. Cianci, PhD
School of Natural Sciences, Box 2304
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email: email@example.com