Direct Patient Care (30% Effort)
- Evaluate and treat pediatric patients in the UH College of Medicine Community Health Center.
- Provide input for the development of pediatric clinical protocols and guidelines.
- Contribute to quality improvement initiatives in the UH College of Medicine Community Health Center.
- Collaborate with pediatric nurse practitioner at UH College of Medicine Community Health Center.
- Participate in community outreach activities.
Educational Mission (70% Effort)
- Contribute to Problem Based Learning Sessions in the Physicians, Patients and Populations Course.
- Contribute to Problem Based Learning Sessions in the Basic Sciences courses.
- Precept medical students in the UH College of Medicine Community Health Center as part of the Longitudinal Primary Care Course and Household Centered Care.
- Serve on UH College of Medicine educational committees.
- Collaborate on scholarly projects and grant opportunities.
- Develop curriculum in the area of child and adolescent development.
- Develop curriculum in the area of clinical care of children and adolescents.
Full-Time: 1 FTE
- Medical Licensure in the State of Texas
- Medical degree from an accredited allopathic or osteopathic college of medicine
- Board certification or board eligibility in Pediatrics
- Experience documenting with an electronic medical record
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience teaching medical students and residents
- Experience contributing to quality improvement projects
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic, or Chinese
Academic rank of Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor and Clinical Professor will be determined by the University of Houston College of Medicine Faculty Appointment Promotion and Tenure Committee.
Salary commensurate with academic achievements and experience.
For additional information, and to apply, please visit https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection/ex2_uhf/jobdetail.ftl?job=FAC000853&tz=GMT-06%3A00.
Houston is the nation’s fourth largest city that offers a great quality of life that includes affordable housing options in excellent school districts, world-class arts, pro sports, award-winning cuisine and employment opportunities in numerous industries throughout the region.
The University of Houston is located in close proximity to the Texas Medical Center, which is home to The MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT Medical School, Michael E. DeBakey Veteran’s Administration Medical Center, and Baylor College of Medicine, among other institutions. This environment is rich in potential for numerous collaborative opportunities.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.