The Department of Dental Hygiene in the College of Health at Clayton State University (CSU) is seeking applicants for the position of Department Chair of its baccalaureate level dental hygiene program. This will be a 12-month, tenure-track position.
This is a tenure-track appointment that reports to the Dean of the College of Health. The position will be available July 1, 2020. Salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive with comparable departments. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, proof of authorization to work in the U.S. will be required at the time of hire.
- Lead faculty in the department’s program.
- Manage the department’s budget.
- Teach one course each semester.
- Serve on various on- and off-campus committees.
- Engage in scholarly activities leading to grants, presentations and/or publications. Participate in service to the Department, College, and University.
- Experience in developing a program self-study document to meet the Commission of Dental Accreditation (CODA) requirements in preparation for a re-accreditation site visit.
Required Qualifications Earned doctorate in related field with a masters in dental hygiene or related field with a minimum of 18 hours specific to dental hygiene content at the graduate level or a dentist who has background in education and the professional experience necessary to understand and fulfill the program goals.
- Successful undergraduate college teaching experiences.
- A record of teaching, service and scholarship justifying appointment as an associate or full professor.
- Successful administrative experience.
- A collaborative and open management style.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Current or eligibility for licensure as a dental hygienist, dentist, or dental/dental hygienist faculty in Georgia.
- Experience in integrating instructional technologies in teaching, including implementing courses using the Internet.
- Experience in curriculum development and program expansion at the BSDH and ROH to BSDH level.
- Experience in teaching with a minimum of five years of dental hygiene clinical experience.
- Experience with student recruitment and retention.
- Experience with faculty recruitment, development and evaluation.
- Experience in managing budgets, scheduling classes, and working with part-time faculty.
- Success in the generation of external funding.
Required Documents to Attach Qualified applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcr i pts , and the contact information for three current references. Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
About Us Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
Contact Information For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Recourses at (678) 466-4230, or by email at HumanResources@clayton.edu.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.