Tulane University School of Medicine’s Section of Cardiology/Heart & Vascular Institute is seeking a qualified Non-invasive Cardiologist to join its faculty as an Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor of Clinical Medicine. This position will be responsible for the instruction and teaching of cardiology fellows, interventional fellows, and for patient care at three hospitals and multiple clinic sites in the Greater New Orleans Area. As a Tulane University-employed faculty member, you will receive compensation commensurate with the rank of your academic appointment which will be based on your qualifications and experience. You will also receive a fully comprehensive benefits package.
- General cardiology coverage at Tulane Medical Center, the Southeast Louisiana Veterans Healthcare System Medical Center and University Medical Center New Orleans, including cardiology consults, critical care services, echocardiography including TEEs and diagnostic imaging.
- Outpatient clinic responsibilities at these sites and other outreach clinics as assigned.
- Weekend and after hours hospital service in rotation with other faculty.
Teaching responsibilities will include formal and informal teaching activities for medical students, medicine residents and cardiology fellows as well as attending, facilitating and presenting cardiology conferences.
- Developing and participating in clinical and translational research, and encouraging residents and fellows to participate with you in these studies.
- Publication of findings in peer-review journals is expected, and at least one publication per year is encouraged.
- MD/DO who has successfully completed a cardiology fellowship program
- Board certified or board eligible in cardiology
- Echocardiography Level 2 or 3 with board certification preferred