The West Virginia University School of Dentistry invites applications for a tenure/tenure track faculty position in the Department of Research at the Associate Professor/ Professor level. The successful candidate will form the core of a growing team of oral biology researchers who will be driving the research focus of oral health. We are seeking an outstanding individual with excellent leadership skills and an established independent research program. West Virginia University is a Carnegie R1 research institution and the School of Dentistry is within a dynamic Health Science Center and University environment that provides a unique opportunity for the development of a world-class research department. Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications, experience, and credentials. The candidate will be responsible for securing self-supporting funding sources for his/her salary and laboratory by contract year four.
Our priority is to attract scientists of the highest caliber and therefore your background and experience could be from a variety of areas of expertise. The following should therefore be used as a guide to the qualities required for this post.
As an Associate Professor/Full Professor you will have:
- A DDS, PhD, DHSc, MD or equivalent degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent postgraduate research qualification.;
- A track record of publishing in leading journals in the field and of obtaining significant grant funding;
- An excellent track record of research and publication meeting international standards of academic excellence;
- The ability to develop strategic relationships with national and international bodies (including, where relevant, industrial partners), regional partners and academic collaborators;
- An understanding of the principles of research-informed teaching and a track record of integrating research with learning and teaching to deliver an excellent student experience, together with an ability to lead the development of a portfolio of modules;
- The ability to provide academic leadership in research both by own work and through the encouragement and stimulation of colleagues;
- A track record of sustained delivery of ambitious and imaginative academic leadership;
- The ability to work across subject areas, linking appropriately with other disciplines and research groups;
- A track record of effective team working and collaborative development;
- A willingness and capacity to take on a significant role in Faculty/School development with the ability to think laterally, to be imaginative and to anticipate trends and opportunities;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Electronic submission of application with supporting credentials (a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae and contact information for three professional references including names, postal addresses, email addresses and phone numbers) can be made at: https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=12804 Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled by a qualified candidate. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. For more information on the School of Dentistry and Health Sciences Center see http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/sod/ or http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/ .
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.