Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE, formerly NEASC), Curry College offers 27 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as five graduate programs.
The Curry College Business Management Department invites applicants for a full-time Assistant Professor of Sport and Recreation Management (SRM) Fall 2020. Successful candidates will possess relevant practical experience and demonstrate subject matter expertise in the field of Sport and Recreation Management, evidence of teaching excellence, skill in engaging students through active and collaborative learning, competent use of instructional technology, exceptional oral and written communication skills, and a strong record or demonstrated scholarship potential.
Courses of interest would be core SRM courses to include: Recreation Facilities and Event Management, Introduction to Sport and Recreation Management, Sport and Recreation Administration, Sport and Recreation Governance, Legal Issues in Sport & Recreation Management, and Senior Seminar.
The person in this role will be teaching in the traditional day program as well as in hybrid classes for the adult undergraduate programs. Classes are held during the daytime and evening at both the Milton and Plymouth campuses. Additional responsibilities include student advising, and engaging in service activities within the department, the College, the community, and the profession. Interested candidates should submit their application materials by December 22, 2019 for consideration.
- The candidate must possess a Ph.D. or DBA in Sport and Recreation Management or a related field. (ABD will be considered with a completion date before August 2020).
- A minimum 1- 2 years teaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Relevant practical experience in the field of Sport.
- Demonstrated strong research skills with the potential to publish in leading academic journals.
- Able to teach both day and evening courses.
- Able to teach at both the Milton and Plymouth campuses.
- Experience in leading professional accreditation for COSMA and COART is strongly desired.
- Applicants that can enhance the building of the internship experience for majors within the program are preferred.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities
Interested applicants must submit curriculum vitae, cover letter including a description of your teaching philosophy, a statement of contributions to diversity (statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through teaching, research, professional activity and/or service), and a copy of your unofficial transcript (an official transcript will be required upon acceptance of an offer of employment) and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.