Assistant Professor, Speech Language Pathology, Muskogee
Northeastern State University invites applications for a full time Speech-Language Pathology faculty position in the College of Science and Health Professions. The successful applicant will teach undergraduate and graduate courses and supervise clinical practicum in the Speech-Language Pathology Program. Other responsibilities will include scholarship, evaluation, university and professional service, and other assigned duties.
While this position will be based on the Muskogee campus, teaching/supervision responsibilities may extend to Tahlequah and Broken Arrow campuses as needed.
NSU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce as an essential part of excellence in faculty and staff at the University. NSU actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply for any opening at NSU.
Specific duties will include the following:
- Teach courses in SLP Program (undergraduate and graduate)
- Supervise in SLP Clinic as needed
- Demonstrate scholarly activities (teaching, discovery, integration, and/or application)
- Advise students
- Participate in program, department, college, university & professional service
- Previous teaching and/or supervision experience desirable but not required.
- Earned Doctorate (Ph.D. or EdD.) degree in Speech-Language Pathology or related area required; ABD will be considered if degree will be completed within 1 year of hire.
- Doctorate degree required for tenure eligibility and Assistant Professor rank.
- CCC-SLP certification required and eligibility for Oklahoma state license required.
- Qualified applicants must obtain licensure in Oklahoma prior to start of employment.
Salary commensurate with excellent benefits
Information for Applicants
Faculty teaching may include distance based courses, including hybrid and fully online classes.
Transcripts may be scanned, saved and uploaded. An official/certified transcript is required upon employment.
Please include on the application complete contact information for a minimum of three professional references.
The SLP program is housed in the Department of Health Professions in the College of Science and Health Professions and has 80-100 undergraduate students and 60-70 graduate students with six full-time faculty members. The main NSU campus is located 75 miles from Tulsa in Tahlequah, Oklahoma, with branch campuses in Muskogee (50 miles from Tulsa) and Broken Arrow (a Tulsa suburb). Courses are offered on the Muskogee campus with clinics on all three campuses. The area offers a wide range of outdoor activities with the amenities of a big city a short drive away.
Northeastern State University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce as an essential part of excellence in faculty and staff at the University, and complies with Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and equal employment opportunity for VEVRRA protected veterans. NSU actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply for any opening at NSU.