- Applicants must have an earned doctorate in Sport Management or an equivalent field by appointment date. ABD candidates will be considered, but the doctoral degree is required by the start of the contract.
- Successful college teaching experience at the undergraduate and /or graduate levels.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to mentoring students.
- Demonstrated potential for scholarship related to sport management or coaching.
- Demonstrated interest in working with diverse university and community settings.
- Demonstrated interest involving students in research or experiential learning opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring students.
- Demonstrated experience participating in interdisciplinary initiatives with colleagues from a
- variety of disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience incorporating technology in instructional practices.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and retaining students or working collaboratively with
- enrollment management.
- Demonstrated experience working with outside agencies to expand the depth and breadth of internship opportunities for sport management students.
All benefit-eligible faculty positions offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission.
Applications must include a letter of intent including description of education, certifications held, and all relevant experience, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers (candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted).
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
347 South Gladstone Avenue
Aurora, IL 60506