The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) invites applications for a nine-month Visiting Assistant Professor in speech-language pathology with a start date of August 16, 2019. This position would be for the 2019-2020 academic year, ending May 15, 2020. Open to all areas of speech-language pathology.
- Teach the equivalent of four courses per semester at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Participate in service to the department as assigned
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Consideration of applications for this nine-month appointment will be reviewed and considered on an ongoing basis but should be received no later than July 1, 2019. Please upload the following when applying for this position:
- Letter of interest addressing the following:
- Area(s) of expertise
- Brief statement of teaching philosophy
- Curriculum vitae
- Three professional references including names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses
- Official transcript from the institution granting highest completed degree
- Copy of West Virginia licensure or evidence of ability to obtain West Virginia licensure from the West Virginia Board of Examiners Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology
- Copy of ASHA certification card
For additional information or questions regarding this position, please contact Dr. Jayne Brandel (Search Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (304) 293-2377.
- ABD, clinical doctorate, or earned terminal degree (i.e., Ph.D. or Ed.D.) in speech-language pathology or related field.
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Current licensure in West Virginia or ability to obtain licensure prior to start date.
West Virginia University is located in Morgantown, WV and is the State’s comprehensive Land Grant University with an enrollment of nearly 32,000 students and a Carnegie Classification – Highest Research Activity (R1). Morgantown is ranked among the most livable small cities in the country. The city is readily accessible and within driving distance from Pittsburgh, PA and Washington, DC. For more information on WVU and Morgantown, see http://www.wvu.edu and http://www.morgantownwv.gov/. For additional information on the College, please visit http://cehs.wvu.edu and for the Department, please visit https://csd.wvu.edu/.?
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and Veterans.