Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position carries with it the tripartite mission of a land-grant university. The teaching responsibility will be to the undergraduate and graduate programs in Athletic Training. The research expectation is the publication and presentation of original scholarly work in peer-reviewed journals and at professional conferences respectively. This position includes a service component that may be carried out at the University, College, School, Program or community level. In addition: This position includes the academic advising of undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in the Athletic Training major, as well as the assessment and maintenance of CAATE standards for our program.
- The successful candidate will have a terminal degree (Ph.D., Ed.D.) in Athletic Training or in a related area, and is required to have a minimum of 3 years of experience with BOC Certification, be in good standing with the Board of Certification (BOC,) and be eligible for Maine state licensure as an Athletic Trainer.
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels in Athletic Training.
- The successful candidate will have a history of scholarly activity or be able to demonstrate a personal plan for such activity.
- Experience advising undergraduate and/or graduate students and supervising athletic training students in a clinical setting is preferred. Finally, the successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain a professional relationship that reflects courtesy, civility, mutual respect and demonstrates a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The University is a community of more than 11,200 undergraduate and graduate students, and 2,500 employees located on the Orono campus and throughout the state. UMaine is the state land and sea grant university and maintains a leadership role as the System’s flagship university. As a result, it is dedicated to providing excellent teaching, research, and service at the university, state, and national levels.
Further information about UMaine can be found at https://umaine.edu/
The University of Maine offers a wide range of benefits for employees including, but not limited to, tuition benefits (employee and dependent), comprehensive insurance coverage including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short and long term disability as well as retirement plan options. As a former NSF ADVANCE Institution, the University of Maine is committed to diversity in our workforce and to dual-career couples.
UMaine is located in beautiful Central Maine. Many employees report that a primary reason for choosing to come to UMaine is quality of life. Numerous cultural activities, excellent public schools, safe neighborhoods, high quality medical care, little traffic, and a reasonable cost of living make the greater Bangor area a wonderful place to live.
Materials must be submitted via “Apply For Position” at https://umaine.hiretouch.com. You will need to create a profile and application; upload:
- a cover letter which describes your experience, interests, and suitability for the position
- a resume/curriculum vitae
- contact information for three professional references.
- copies of post-secondary transcripts.
You will also need to submit the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status forms. Incomplete application materials cannot be considered. Materials received after the initial review date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University.
Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until filled.
Appropriate background checks are required.