The Department of Kinesiology and Sport Management at Texas Tech University is pleased to announce the availability of one tenure-track position in sport management at the assistant professor level.
- An earned doctorate in Sport Management or a related area
- Demonstrated expertise and a research focus in one content area of sport management
- Demonstrated ability to publish in high-quality, peer-reviewed journals
- Demonstrated expertise and a research focus in finance and economics
- Experience teaching sport management undergraduate courses
- History of seeking external funding
- Demonstrated potential for and commitment to participation in interdisciplinary collaborations
- Experience working with diverse student populations and first-generation students is highly desirable.
- Conduct research and publish in high-quality, peer-reviewed journals
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses
- Obtain external funding
- Advise graduate students and mentor undergraduate and graduate students
- Perform professional service to the university, community, and profession
Rank: Searches are open to all qualified candidates at the assistant professor level
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experiences
Effective Date of Appointment: 9-month, tenure-track appointment
Application Deadline: Evaluation of applications will continue until positions are filled.
Application Procedures: Applications must be submitted on line at: https://bit.ly/2tflFwM and include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research statement, teaching statement, and names and contact information of three people who could be asked to write letters of recommendation. Refer to requisition number 20220BR_ when applying.
The Department: The Department of Kinesiology and Sport Management offers a B.S. in Sport Management and M.S. in Sport Management. The department offers state-of-the-art research equipment and laboratories in its own building, which also includes six classrooms, a student computer lab, and faculty offices. The department enrolls approximately 300 undergraduate students in Sport Management and 40-50 graduate students in Sport Management. The department also has approximately 1,300 undergraduate and 30 graduate students earning a B.S. in Kinesiology or M.S. in Kinesiology.
The University: Texas Tech University enrolls over 38,000 students and is located in rapidly growing Lubbock, Texas, a center of cultural, commercial, medical, and professional services. Guided by its 2017-2025 Strategic Plan, Texas Tech University is actively pursuing strategic initiatives that will enhance its stature as a national research university. Texas Tech University recently surpassed the Hispanic student population threshold necessary for designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI).
For additional information regarding these positions contact:
Angela Lumpkin, Professor and Department Chair
Department of Kinesiology and Sport Management
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409-3011
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Texas Tech University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We actively encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University. The university welcomes applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, persons with disabilities, and dual-career couples.