The University of Findlay invites applications for a full time, Exercise Science faculty member.
The successful candidate will bring relevant teaching and professional experience in strength and conditioning. Specific classes taught depend on the candidate’s area of expertise but could include teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate level in exercise prescription, administration of strength and conditioning, personal training, health promotion, exercise physiology, or nutrition. Program administrative responsibilities assigned according to knowledge and experience, and may include program director or coordinator of student clinical placements.
- The ideal candidate will have a Doctoral degree in exercise science or a relevant field and will qualify for an assistant professor appointment.
- An individual with a master’s degree and relevant experience will be considered at the rank of instructor. Current NSCA certification as a strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS) is required for appointment.
- A current professional credential in one of the areas in the Department of Health and Human Performance is preferred (certified athletic trainer, health and physical education license and/or personal training certification).
- Exceptional candidates may be considered for future appointment as Program Director for Strength and Conditioning.
- The faculty member is expected to be actively involved in teaching, advising, departmental, university-wide, and community service. The level of teaching, scholarship, and service required is commensurate with the requirements as outlined in the Faculty Handbook.
The faculty person is responsible for the coordination of classroom and laboratory teaching including content and delivery for workload assigned. The candidate must possess strong communication skills and a desire to work with students in a university setting that prides itself on providing close relationships between students and faculty. The University of Findlay assumes responsibility for assignment of faculty to courses and committee assignments, student advising, and input for curriculum planning. The rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications for the position.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For optimal consideration for this exciting opportunity, attach a cover letter; current Curriculum Vitae; a statement of teaching philosophy; the contact information for three professional references; and a complete Faculty Application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For optimal consideration for this exciting opportunity, include a cover letter; current Resume or Curriculum Vitae; a statement of teaching philosophy (for faculty positions) and the contact information for three professional references with your application.
The University of Findlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer Male/Female/Disabled/Vet.