The Department of Physical Education and Sport Studies invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position with expertise in Exercise Science to begin August 2019. The position will require the candidate to teach in a variety of undergraduate courses as needed by the department, advising undergraduate students, grant writing, college committee work, and support student recruitment and retention initiatives. We hope this position will contribute to a well-established multi-disciplinary track in pre-Physical Therapy studies, contribute to a recently launched Sports Medicine program, and provide leadership in developing a planned Exercise Science major.
- Qualifications are an earned doctorate in exercise science or related field from an accredited institution although ABD candidates will be considered.
- “Teaching and Learning form the Mission of Bethany College” and evidence of a commitment to and experience in teaching and advising at the undergraduate level is expected.
- Candidates should also demonstrate appropriate research, communications, and organizational skills.
- Appropriate professional certifications (such as ACSM and/or NSCA) would be a plus.
- Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to participating in a liberal arts education and to engaging students in active undergraduate research.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and teaching philosophy with at least three references electronically to email@example.com. Questions about this position may be addressed to that email address as well. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Additional materials including official transcripts demonstrating completion of degrees will be requested of final candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org