Position is full-time. Requires a teaching load of 24 hours per academic year in the Kinesiology undergraduate and graduate programs. In addition to his/her teaching responsibilities, the professor, will serve as a student advisor, will serve on committees as assigned, and fulfill additional functions as assigned by the Chair/Director or Dean.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (others duties may be assigned)
- Classroom and Field Experience Teaching
- Committee responsibilities as designated
- Program evaluation, analysis and improvement responsibilities that correlate with level of experience
- Attendance at required university functions
- Chapel attendance as able, related to teaching schedule
- Student advising – candidate should be able to advise students towards degree completion
- M.S. in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or equivalent, must be pursuing or be willing to pursue a Doctorate in this field of study
- Successful professional experience of at least 1 to 2 years in the areas of Kinesiology, Exercise Science, and Exercise Physiology.
- Documented successful professional post-secondary education experience of at least 2 years in the Kinesiology content area
- Personal commitment to teach in a Christian university and be in agreement with the mission of Southeastern University
PhD or EdD in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or equivalent, ABD candidates will be consider
Successful professional experience of at least 3 years in the areas of Kinesiology, Exercise Science, and Exercise Physiology.
Documented successful professional post-secondary education experience of at least 3 to 5 years in the Kinesiology content area
Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the degree requirements required for a Doctorate in Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy, and a Master’s in Athletic Training
Applicants should send a completed employment application along with cover letter with vita/resume to:
1000 Longfellow Blvd.
Lakeland, FL 33801
Fax: (863) 667-5200
Southeastern University is a Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Assemblies of God. Candidates must be compatible with the institution’s Christian mission and purpose. Those with disabilities and persons from underrepresented groups, including women, are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org