PCOM School of Pharmacy is currently seeking a qualified individual for one full-time, Assistant / Associate Professor, tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences specializing in pharmaceutics and/or biopharmaceutics. The job location is at PCOM Georgia in Suwanee, GA (in the metro Atlanta area).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Teach in the Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum on topics related to pharmaceutics and dosage forms along with other areas of pharmaceutical sciences as part of a team-taught curriculum.
- Develop and maintain an extramurally funded research program and participate in a collaborative, interdisciplinary research environment with other faculty in the school or college.
- Contribute to the service needs of the school, participating on school and college-wide committees, and in student advising.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics / Pharmaceutical Sciences or a closely related discipline required.
- A B.S. degree in pharmacy or Pharm.D. is preferred but not required.
- Desirable qualifications at the Assistant Professor level include:
- Postdoctoral experience.
- Prior academic teaching experience.
- Successful record of peer-reviewed publications.
- Attainment of research grants.
- Desirable qualifications at the Associate Professor level include:
- Prior teaching experience at the Assistant Professor level in a School of Pharmacy.
- Proven record of scholarship.
- Establishment of independent extramurally funded research program.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Application InstructionsAll inquiries MUST include:
- A letter of intent
- A curriculum vitae
- Salary requirements
- Three (3) references, preferably from current or former supervisors.
Must pass a background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For official job descriptions, visit www.pcom.edu
The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted to describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related experience/education beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of Human Resources. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.