Applicants must have a Master’s degree in Sport Management or a related field with at least three to five years teaching experience. Preference will be given to candidates with a Doctorate in Sport Management or related field.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate and instruct face-to-face and online courses that will include but are not limited to: Principles of Sport Management, Sport Marketing, Sport Law, Foundations of Sport, Facility and Event Management, Organization and Administration of Sport, and Sociology and Psychology of Sport;
- Participate in course, program, and curriculum review and development;
- Serve on university and college committees;
- Keep informed of discipline specific content and new approaches to instruction through research and professional development activities;
- Assist in recruitment and retention of students;
- Attend all university, college, and department faculty meetings.
This is a 12-month appointment with earned vacation time (or planned leave/breaks).
Founded in 1850, Urbana University serves more than 1800 students from around the world from its 128 acre campus nestled in the historic city of Urbana, Ohio. Known for innovative academic programs that feature personal attention from faculty, the University offers more than 30 undergraduate programs and several graduate degrees, delivering course work in class, online, or a combination of both. Blue Knights athletics includes 15 NCAA Division II sports along with intercollegiate bowling, cheerleading, and shooting sports.