The University of Pikeville, Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine (KYCOM) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant/Associate/Professor of Pharmacology. The successful candidate will report directly to the Associate Dean for Biomedical Sciences and is responsible for teaching, scholarly activity/research and service in the basic sciences and pharmacology.
- Teaching Pharmacology and includes preparation of lectures, lecture notes, learning objectives, PowerPoint slides, exam questions, and syllabi.
- Participates in and recommends curriculum development and evaluation.
- Research and other scholarly activities.
- Provide counseling and guidance for the students.
- Serves on assigned KYCOM, KYCO, and the University of Pikeville committees.
- Attends Commencement, White Coat Ceremony, new student orientation, and University of Pikeville Opening Convocation.
- Participates in Faculty Development.
- Assists in the selection of students to attend KYCOM.
- Other duties as assigned by the KYCOM Dean.
- Earned Doctorate degree.
- Previous academic experience preferably at an osteopathic or allopathic medical educational program.
- Experience teaching face-to-face and/or online within a higher education environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, anticipatory problem solving and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work to complete assignments accurately and within reasonable timeframes.
- Ability to embrace diversity to best serve a growing higher education community.
- Ability to foster excellence and innovation.
- A history of demonstrating strong character and outstanding integrity.
- Must have current knowledge and skills in utilizing Microsoft Office Applications, including but not limited to Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to learn and utilize Learning Management Systems such as Canvas; and the University online platform and systems.
- Must demonstrate cooperation, courtesy, and consideration when working with professional community, KYCOM, KYCO and UPIKE communities, faculty, students, and the public.
- Must be able to work independently and also as a member of a team.
- Alignment with the University of Pikeville, KYCOM and KYCO missions.
Position requires daily professional contact with faculty, staff, supervisor, campus departments, and students. These relationships are maintained through e-mail, telephone, and person-to-person contact.
The University of Pikeville offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. UPIKE offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, telemedicine, long-term disability, tuition waivers, a 403(b)-retirement plan, and HSA, FSA, and dependent care accounts. UPIKE also offers a generous holiday schedule and paid leave program.
Important Notes: Resume and other application materials will be reviewed to determine if you meet the required qualifications for the position. If it is determined that you meet the required qualifications, your application materials will be used to identify a top group of the most highly qualified candidates. Please, specifically address the qualifications, competencies and desired qualifications in your resume and application materials.
The University of Pikeville is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
The University of Pikeville is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. The University of Pikeville does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age or disabilities in its programs, activities, hiring, or the admission of students. Inquiries may be directed to the University of Pikeville Title IX Coordinator by calling 606-218-5344.
For more information about the University of Pikeville, please visit http://www.upike.edu. Interested applicants should complete the online application by visiting http://jobs.upike.edu. In addition to the application, interested applicants are requested to attach to their application a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three to five professional references.