The Kinesiology Program at Louisiana State University in Alexandria (LSUA) seeks applications for Assistant/Associate Professor of Kinesiology for Sports Management. Applicants should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching and to working in an environment that fosters diversity. Candidates need the ability to use technology effectively in teaching and learning, the ability to work collaboratively, evidence of scholarly activity, and a commitment to public higher education.
The Kinesiology Program at LSUA invites applicants for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level. The program seeks an outstanding faculty member who will contribute to undergraduate programs focusing on basic aspects of kinesiology and sports management. The program offers core kinesiology courses taken by all kinesiology majors and four concentrations: health and physical education, health and fitness studies, sports management, and general kinesiology. The appointment will begin January or August 2022.
Assistant Professor Rank
- Master’s degree in sports management (or related area) from an accredited institution including 18 graduate hours in sports management
- Minimum of three years of teaching experience at the university setting
- Experience in the sports industry with leadership experience
- Evidence of collaboration with sports agencies, community programs, and other professionals
- Evidence of the application of technology
- Evidence of scholarly activities
- Earned doctorate in the discipline from an accredited university
- Experience with the delivery of instruction at the university level in online environments
- University teaching experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach a variety of undergraduate kinesiology courses including sports management and core courses.
- Collaborate with sports agencies, community programs, and professionals.
- Continue professional development in the discipline via professional organization membership and research.
- Participate in faculty governance, committees, and other events/organizations on campus.
- Create an engaging learning environment that is effective and encourages student involvement and participation to stimulate learning.
- Participate in retention and recruitment of prospective students.
- Perform other responsibilities requested by administration.
- Advise sports management students.
Please attach a Resume, a cover letter, 3 letters of recommendation and unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.