Fort Hays State University is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure-track position at the Assistant/Associate Professor rank, in the Department of Health and Human Performance beginning fall 2020 semester. Rank and salary will be commensurate with educational level and experience.
Teaching 12 hours per semester (24 hours per year) with the possibility of intersession and summer teaching. Courses may include content in the areas of pedagogy, elementary and/or secondary physical education methods and curriculum, motor learning, skill-based classes, rhythms/dance and movement, research methods, or statistics. Academic advising, participation in scholarly activities, and service to the university, the profession, and the community are requirements of this position.
- Earned doctorate degree in Health and Human Performance, Kinesiology, Physical Education, or related discipline. ABD applicants will be considered. If ABD, candidates will be required to complete the doctoral degree by August 2021. If ABD, entry rank would be at the Instructor level with promotion expected with completion of degree.
- Professional teaching experience.
- Teaching experience at the elementary or secondary level in physical education
- Evidence of excellence in teaching on-campus and online classes at the university level
- Experience in academic advising
- Engagement in scholarly activities in pedagogy, health and human performance, or related areas
- Engagement in service activities in pedagogy, health and human performance, or related areas
- Experience in the formalized assessment process
- Experience in state and national program accreditation
Appointment Date: Fall 2020
Benefits: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
Required Application Documents:
- Current curriculum vita/resume
- Cover letter that includes a statement of relevant experience
- Teaching philosophy
- Unofficial transcripts of all college work (official copies required if hired)
- The names and contact information (email and telephone number) of three recent references who will speak to the teaching and professional qualifications of the applicant
Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Dr. Steve Sedbrook