The College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) at Governors State University announces a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor of Health Administration in the Department of Health Administration beginning Fall 2020. The successful candidate will be qualified to teach in an AUPHA-Certified undergraduate program and CAHME-Accredited graduate program of Health Administration.
We seek candidates from academic institutions with outstanding teaching skills, interest in advising non-traditional and diverse student populations, evidence of a potential or distinguished record of scholarship consistent with tenure-track expectations, and substantive professional service via projects, committees or other faculty roles.
- Doctorate in health management, policy, finance, accounting, economics, or health services research, and other business related disciplines with a health administration focus. ABD in final stage of completion will be considered with evidence of the degree being awarded before hiring.
- Successful teaching experience at the graduate levels,
- Ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community,
- must be able to teach at least two of the following areas: Decision-making Science or Quantitative Decision Making, Healthcare Quality with Lean Six Sigma, and Health Finance and accounting.
- Demonstrated potential and skills to conduct and publish research. Applicants for the Associate Professor level will be expected to have documented record of peer-reviewed publications.
- Candidates who come from the CAHME accredited program are highly desirable.
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative health services research are preferred.
- Health care industry experience is a plus.