A.T. Still University’s Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health is seeking an Integrated Human Sciences Faculty member on the St. Louis, MO campus. The position will report to the Vice Dean of Academic Affairs. The Integrated Human Sciences Faculty member will help implement and evaluate of the integrated human science predoctoral curriculum and help assure development, integration and assessment of biomedical sciences in association with legal considerations, ethical issues, behavioral sciences, public health, evidence-based dentistry, interprofessional practice, practice management and clinical dentistry. The position will also help teach the biomedical science curriculum including, but not limited to anatomy, histology. physiology, embryology etc.
Major job duties include the following:
- Work with Director, Integrated Human Sciences (DIHS) to develop, recommend, implement and evaluate an
educationally sound plan for delivery of integrated human science (IHS) curriculum across all four years of the
MOSDOH DMD program.
- Help maintain and improve integrity of the integrated human systems curriculum including monitoring of metrics and trends.
- Work with the DIHS to identify gaps, inappropriate overlaps and inconsistencies in the IHS curriculum.
- Work with DIHS and appropriate administrative staff to schedule courses and faculty for the integrated human systems curriculum.
- Teach in the biomedical science and preclinical curriculum utilizing sound educational methodology in teaching and assessment.
- Contribute to research and scholarly activity as assigned and agreed upon with the Vice Dean, Academic Affairs or DIHS.
- Deliver didactic content for coursework, including as directed by the DIHS.
- Develop and/or revise learning objectives and associated assessments for IHS coursework.
- Deliver simulation or 3D content for IHS coursework, including but not limited to anatomy, histology, embryology to a large student audience.
- Produce adjunctive educational materials such as demonstration videos or sample laboratory projects for the students to reference.
- Maintain and revise didactic content (lecture materials) as directed.
- 12. In conjunction with the DIHS, maintain and revise laboratory manual content and written examination content.
- In conjunction with the DIHS, help students achieve competence in the IHS curriculum.
- In conjunction with the DIHS, grade assessments and assess student progress and implement remediation requirements in the IHS curriculum.
- Written Communication: Advanced
- Verbal Communication: Advanced
- Communication: Advanced
- Organizing: Intermediate
- Problem Solving Ability: Intermediate
- Decision Making: Intermediate
- Experience in higher education
- Clinical and didactic education experience
- Experience in collaboration