Yeshiva University’s Katz School of Science and Health is seeking a Clinic Director to oversee the operation of clinical externships, expending clinical affiliations, operate the Katz Virtual Clinic, potentially launch an on-campus clinic, mentor students, provide direct supervision for clinical contact hours, and teach graduate courses in the Graduate Program in Speech-Language Pathology. The faculty member must be able to work with administration, faculty and students to further grow the graduate program. This is a full-time 12-month faculty position, non-tenure.
Yeshiva University is a Candidacy Applicant (2016-2021) with the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Oversee the Clinical Education Program
- Manage the day to day operations and clinical initiatives of the Katz Virtual clinic
- Manage and oversee adjunct clinical supervisors
- Coordinate and prepare students for their specific externship placements
- Take a leadership position in the development of an on-campus clinic and running the clinic efficiently
- Expand and secure affiliation agreements to provide diverse clinical opportunities for our students based on population, setting, disorders, location
- Maintain documentation records of clinical supervisors credentials and continuing education as per the CAA
- Correspond and provide training for externship clinical supervisors on an ongoing basis for Calipso, grading, requirements of externship
- Serve as liaison between clinical education and academic coursework
- Work with externship sites to build positive relationships and place students each semester to ensure they meet their hour requirement for certification
- Participate in regular site visits at the externship placements to ensure continuity of education and support for YU students
- Provide student mentorship and support
- Direct supervision for students earning clinical contact hours
- Teach clinical/professional coursework (ex: Externship Courses Levels 1-4) as assigned by the Program Director
- Participation in departmental, university and professional service
- Other duties as assigned
Experience & Educational Background:
- Masters or higher in Speech-Language Pathology/Communication sciences and disorders
- ASHA certification in SLP
- Hold, or be eligible for NYS SLP licensure
- Have a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience
- Experience in the delivery of TeleHealth
- The ability to manage new patients and ongoing clients in the Katz virtual clinic
- PhD or doctoral candidate
- Prior experience as a Clinic Director/Manager highly desirable
- Able to work in a team environment
- Prior academic teaching/supervision experience at the graduate level
- Desire to work in a startup environment
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/876/cw/en-us/job/494001/speech-language-pathology-clinic-director
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations — Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the Universitys retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.