Assistant/Associate Professor, Physical Therapy (2)
The University of the Sciences (USciences), invites applications for two (2) dynamic individuals to join the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program in full-time, 12-month tenure track faculty positions. The successful candidates will join the department at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with experience. These positions offer individuals the opportunity to cultivate both your teaching and research agendas while developing the next generation of cutting edge Physical Therapists. Please view the full ad on our career site. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a great group of professionals at a niche institution dedicated to healthcare and science.
The Physical Therapy Department: The Department of Physical Therapy is one of 5 programs housed in the Samson College of Health Sciences: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physician Assistant, Exercise Science, Wellness Management, and Health Sciences. The Department has 12.5 FTE core faculty members engaged in a variety of clinical and scholarly activities. Along with recently renovated academic facilities, the Department has two comprehensive research labs, and provides physical therapy consultation/treatment in two pro-bono clinics that facilitate student learning.
USciences is a private, independent, health-sciences university located in the University City section of Philadelphia with 2,800 undergraduate and first professional degree students and 320 graduate students. For more information about the University and the Department, go to www.usciences.edu/pt
USciences is a part of the University City District (UCD) which has world-renowned anchor institutions, small businesses, and residents. Our area is rich with health systems that provide direct patient care as well as numerous opportunities for collaborative research and clinical practice. Our institution is within walking distance to the Philadelphia VA, Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania, the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, and a city health center. UCD is also a vibrant place to work and live. It’s a destination for eclectic food, boasts excellent public transit, and also has bike lanes and numerous bike share locations. With a Walk Score of 90, it is one of the most walkable neighborhoods in Philadelphia. For more information about UCD, visit their website at: https://www.universitycity.org/
- earned academic doctorate (PhD, EdD or equivalent is REQUIRED)
- eligibility for PT licensure in Pennsylvania
- experience in one of the following practice areas; cardiopulmonary, integumentary, health promotion, modalities, higher education, musculoskeletal or neurologic
- experience in an academic environment inclusive of a record of excellence in teaching and a history of service to the profession
- a strong record of scholarship and distinguished history of teaching and service
- academic and experiential qualifications and backgrounds that are necessary to meet the program objectives and mission of the university, and CAPTE and APTA standards
- outstanding innovation, visionary, and leadership skills
Application Instructions: Please submit the following materials online at: http://careers.usciences.edu/postings/5536
- A cover letter outlining your experience as a physical therapist and/or in related fields in higher education.
- A complete CV outlining your career in higher education and within health related areas.
- The names of three professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. References will not be contacted without permission.
This search will remain open until the positions are filled.
EEO Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
USciences' Physical Therapy Department invites applications to fill 2 full-time, 12 month, tenured faculty positions. You must have an earned academic doctorate and experience in one of the following ;cardiopulmonary, integumentary, health promotion, modalities, higher education, musculoskeletal or neurologic. This is a unique opportunity to become part of an excellent team of academic professionals in a strong PT program.