Assistant Professor (tenure track), Division of Kinesiology and Health
|The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.|
The Division of Kinesiology and Health of the University of Wyoming (UW) seeks applications for a tenure-track, 9-month Assistant Professor position in Exercise Physiology. Starting in August 2018, the successful candidate will join a team of 10 faculty and two extended-term academic professionals to expand our strong record of teaching, research and service.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
(1) Develop and maintain a nationally and internationally recognized research program, including securing research funding, publishing in refereed journals and other scholarly sources, and recruiting and advising graduate students.
(2) Teach exercise physiology and undergraduate as well as graduate courses within the candidate’s area of expertise. Invest in improving pedagogy in courses taught.
(3) Serve the university, the profession, the state, and the nation, including through integration of service, research and educational activities.
- Earned doctorate in exercise physiology, kinesiology, or related field by August 2018.
- Evidence of scholarship in basic, applied and/or integrative exercise physiology.
- Experience to effectively teach exercise physiology as well as to develop and teach other undergraduate and graduate courses related to kinesiology and health.
Preferred qualifications: Additional desirable qualifications include post-doctoral experience and evidence of any of the following:
- An independent and productive research program.
- Pursuing and securing research funding.
- Effective teaching at graduate levels.
- Successful student mentorship and supervision.
- Contribution to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Active membership and engagement with relevant professional associations.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
To apply: For full considerations, complete applications should be received by February 16, 2018. Review of applications will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Interested candidates should submit:
- A letter of application (two pages maximum), including summary of how the applicant meets required and, as relevant, preferred qualifications.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A 3- to 5-year research plan (two pages maximum).
- A statement of teaching philosophy and effective teaching practices (two pages maximum).
- Graduate transcripts.
- Contact information for at least three professional references. Upon selection for an on-campus interview, letters of recommendation from or phone correspondence with professional references will be requested.
All application materials must be submitted via the University of Wyoming Human Resources Academic Postings page: https://jobs.uwyo.edu/psp/EREC/UWEXTERNAL/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?SiteId=6 The job ID is 9350.
The University of Wyoming is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law and University policy. To review the EEO is the Law Poster and its Supplement, please see The Diversity & Fairness page.
Pursuant to Wyoming State law, W.S. 19-14-102, as amended, an honorably discharged veteran who has been a resident of the state of Wyoming for one (1) year or more at any time prior to the date when the veteran applies for employment, or any surviving spouse who was married to such veteran at the time of the veteran’s death, who is receiving federal survivor benefits based on the veteran’s military service and is applying for employment, shall receive an interview preference during the applicant screening process with the University of Wyoming. At the time of application the applicant must possess the business capacity, competency, education or other qualifications required for the position. If disabilities do not materially interfere with performance of job duties, disabled veterans will be given preference over able-bodied veterans. Appropriate documentation of veteran status must be provided at time of application as outlined in the application process. No preference will be given to a veteran currently employed by a public department.
We conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
About the Division and University: The successful candidate will have outstanding support from the Division, strong research infrastructure, excellent departmental colleagues, and potential for collaborative and translational opportunities within the Division and beyond.The Division offers undergraduate and masters degrees in Kinesiology and Health and, via our College of Health Sciences, a doctoral degree in Biomedical Sciences. UW, based in Laramie, Wyoming, is the state’s only public provider of baccalaureate and graduate education and is a Carnegie research-doctoral intensive institution. With a student enrollment of about 13,000, UW combines major university benefits and small school advantages.
Located in the beautiful Rocky Mountains, Laramie is one hour from Ft. Collins and two hours from Denver. With the city only minutes away from a wide range of outdoor recreation opportunities, UW regularly appears at the top of national university rankings for best outdoor opportunities (as well as for overall best higher education value for students). Plenty of sunshine and year-round beauty complement the university city of Laramie (population 32,000) making it a terrific place to live and work. For more information about the region, please visit: http://visitlaramie.org/.