Tenure Track Faculty Position in the Stefani Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
The University of Saint Mary, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, is pleased to invite applications and nominations for a full-time twelve – month tenure-track faculty member to teach in the DPT program at the assistant, associate, or full professor level. Rank is commensurate with experience. The preferred candidate will demonstrate a successful history of teaching and service in a CAPTE accredited physical therapy program. The successful candidate will teach in the DPT program, engage in an ongoing program of scholarship and provide service to the department and the University.
The ideal candidate will possess outstanding leadership and communication skills, and evidence of teaching, service, and scholarly activity. Responsibilities of this position include teaching and advising students, conducting and mentoring research, and participating in Department and University committees. Candidates with a focused interest in general medicine physical therapy are highly encouraged to apply.
Required Qualifications of Candidates:
- Earned terminal academic doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Licensed (or eligible for licensure) to practice physical therapy in Kansas.
- Eligible for the rank of assistant, associate or full professor.
- Active involvement in the physical therapy profession with an understanding of key issues in physical therapy education.
- Experience in full-time higher education and a physical therapist education program.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well at all levels in a complex and diverse environment, fostering a spirit of collaboration with faculty, colleagues, staff, administrators, and students.
- Ability to set, communicate, and complete established priorities.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Expertise in one of the following practice areas – pediatrics, neurologic rehab, geriatrics, integumentary, modalities or health promotion.
- Knowledge and experience with CAPTE accreditation.
- Understanding and experience with curriculum content, design, and assessment/evaluation.
The Program: The University of Saint Mary Stefani Doctor of Physical Therapy program prepares students for autonomous practice as an entry-level physical therapist. In keeping with the spirit of our founders, the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, USM is committed to helping students realize their God-given potential—inspiring them to strive for academic excellence in coursework and in practice.
USM’s curriculum emphasizes dynamic, hands-on learning and applicable clinical reasoning skills consistent with the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice and the American Physical Therapy Association’s Standards of Practice. Students fully understand the fundamentals of the profession while also being introduced to a broad spectrum of treatment techniques—comprehensively preparing graduates to pass the National Physical Therapy Examination.
The University of Saint Mary was founded in 1923 by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, and has a long tradition of academic excellence. Saint Mary is a tight-knit community with an enrollment of about 1400 students where one-on-one attention is valued and growth is measured by more than a percent in a grade book. USM focuses on fulfilling the needs of both our students and society— establishing academic programs where purpose, global impact, and long-term success govern their existence. Students are inspired to follow their dreams and find their potential—choosing from over 30 majors, minors, and concentrations; eight graduate programs, including USM’s newest: Master of Science in Athletic Training; along with a Doctor of Physical Therapy.
The University of Saint Mary educates students of diverse backgrounds to realize their God-given potential and prepares them for value centered lives and careers that contribute to the well-being of our global society. The University of Saint Mary believes in the dignity of each person’s capacity to learn, to relate, and to better our diverse world. We value: Community, respect, justice, and excellence.
The Greater Kansas City Community: An advantage to the University of Saint Mary is its location and proximity to all of the shopping and entertainment venues in Kansas City. Some of the exciting venues include the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum, Kansas City Chiefs Football, Kansas City Zoo, Kaufman Center for the Performing Arts, Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, Schlitterbahn Waterpark, Kansas City Royals Baseball, and the Kansas Speedway. Great shopping is available at the Oak Park Mall, Town Center Plaza, Zona Rosa Shopping District, and the Shops at Boardwalk. In addition, the area is filled with festivals ranging from the Crown Center Christmas Tree Lighting to the Waterfire KC. The city of Lawrence, Kansas is also just a short 45 minute ride away.
Applications: All correspondence relating to the Full-Time Tenure-Track Faculty Position in the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program (DPT) should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Jamie Marcus, Associate Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information:
1) A cover letter outlining your clinical and academic experience as a physical therapist.
2) A comprehensive CV outlining your physical therapy career.
3) The names of three professional references including their relationship to you, their position, e-mail address, and direct phone numbers. References will not be contacted without written permission from the candidate
Applications submitted by March 30, 2018 will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
The University of Saint Mary is an Equal Opportunity Employer