Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking applicants for two, tenure-track, Nursing Instructors.
The primary responsibility of Nursing Instructors is to facilitate student learning in the classroom and clinical settings. Teaching and workload assignments are scheduled throughout the calendar year, including summer and will require evening and weekend obligations at the Redfield campus and at off-campus clinical settings.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution
- Master’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Current or eligible for Nevada Nursing License.
- Master’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
- Certification in a specialty area of nursing.
- Teaching experience in a post-secondary institution.
Conditions of Employment
These are full-time, tenure-track positions reporting to the Director of Nursing.
“B” 172 day contracts are for academic year programs and obligate the faculty member for service during the academic year. For contractual purposes, the period of the contract begins August and ends with spring graduation in May.
These positions have been identified as difficult to recruit and are eligible for a zero rank, non-tenure track market rate salary placement.
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
- Instruct students in nursing theory and practice using appropriate course outcomes developed by college-wide subject area faculty. Assess student performance in these courses.
- Assist with curriculum review, revision, and develop new course materials and innovative instructional concepts and techniques designed to facilitate student learning.
- Apply teaching techniques effective in a laboratory/clinical setting utilizing state of the art delivery systems.
- Prepare lesson plans, syllabi and course information sheets, create appropriate teaching aids, and arrange provision of instructional materials and activities for student usage in classes and as homework assignments.
- Attend and participate in non-classroom activities such as staff development, department and division meetings, student advisement, student recruitment, and student retention.
- Ability to teach or supplement courses via distance education platforms.
- Provide professional assistance to staff and students. Assist the program director in mentoring part time faculty.
- Annually define short term and long term professional development goals designed to remain current in the discipline.
- Teach 30 (15/15) credit or contact hours during the academic year, August through May.
- Understand and accept the role to be played as a partner in an educational enterprise serving the best interests of the students.
- Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College.
- Other duties as assigned.
TMCC is an EEO/AA (equal employment opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates. TMCC is an inclusive community and will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals. Qualified veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To Apply Please Visit: https://jobs.tmcc.edu/postings/1198
About Truckee Meadows Community College
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive community college located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. With five college sites and 20 plus community locations, each semester TMCC serves more than 11,000 students in state supported programs and many other students in non-credit programs. TMCC is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting our core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning. A new Health Science Center was recently opened and the Applied Technology Center has been completely renovated. TMCC is located in a beautiful environment rich with outdoor activities within the Great Basin of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. It is only a 40 minute drive to Lake Tahoe and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu