St. Charles Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full-time position of Occupational Therapy Assistant Faculty for the fall 2018 semester.
The Occupational Therapy Assistant faculty member will facilitate meaningful opportunities for the OTA student to successfully achieve competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the learning environment. Provides engaging learning opportunities through student-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of this dynamic field and actively participate in a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, self-direction, and student empowerment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides competency-based education which aligns with the St. Charles Community College OTA program model of curricula as well as supports the style of delivery.
- Designs class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies and objectives.
- Develops activities which support lesson objectives and promote critical thinking.
- Assesses the degree to which students meet performance criteria established in the course syllabi.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to student involvement.
- Focuses on student success and engagement especially when planning and preparing for classes.
- Demonstrates flexibility in style as well as exhibits a passion for teaching and student interaction by engaging students in the learning process.
- Manages the learning environment (virtual and face to face) through accurate record keeping, regular attendance, submission of grades and other reports on time, and enforcement of school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Contributes to a professional learning culture by participating on campus committees and activities.
- Maintains standards of the profession including rules and regulations of licensing and certification.
- Pursues professional development in professional practice and the practice of education.
- Participates in educational, professional, and community activities.
- Pursues community service and scholarly activities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates must hold a degree in Occupational Therapy from an ACOTE Accredited College or University.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy or related field of study.
- Nationally certified with NBCOT.
- Must be currently licensed or otherwise regulated according to regulations in the state of Missouri.
- Preferably two years of experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
- Current knowledge in area of practice (pediatrics, mental health, management or regulatory, community-based practice, or geriatrics).
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred.
Minimum starting salaries:
Instructor $52,200; Assistant Professor $57,500; Associate Professor $63,215
To apply, please submit one complete applicant packet containing all of the following: cover letter explaining teaching experience and/or philosophy of teaching, resume, three reference contacts, and a copy of transcripts. Please submit application materials on https://stchas.aaimtrack.com/jobs/