Cleary University seeks instructors to teach undergraduate and graduate courses on the Livingston (Howell, MI) campus, Washtenaw (Ann Arbor, MI) campus, and Detroit Education Center. Cleary is specifically looking for adjunct instructors willing to teach on-ground in the following area/course:
- Sports Management
- All applicants must be located in Southeastern Michigan and be able to teach on ground during the day, in the evening, or on weekends.
- Master’s degree in the appropriate field is required. Terminal degree (Ph.D., DBA) preferred, required for graduate level (MBA) teaching. CMA or CPA preferred for accounting.
- Prior higher education teaching experience is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate/graduate courses in the relevant discipline each semester
- Utilize online learning management system (Moodle©) for course content management and maintain electronic grade book according to institutional standards.
- Hold regularly scheduled office hours (minimum of 1 hour per week for each 3 credit hour course) and / or be available to students on a regular basis.
- Assess student learning based on institutional outcomes, course goals and objectives in an unbiased, timely, and respectful manner.
- Provide timely and relevant feedback on graded work (within 5 days of due date of work).
- Participate in online discussions on four different days of each week of class
- Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours
- Adhere to administrative expectations and deadlines established by the supervisor and Cleary University.
2. Professional development/professionalism:
- Attend Faculty Conferences as scheduled throughout the academic year.
- Maintain accurate and up to date information regarding academic credentials and professional/scholarly activities.
- Keep current with changing conditions/knowledge in appropriate academic discipline and with changing student needs and expectations.
- Interact with colleagues throughout the Cleary system in a timely and professional manner.
- Abide by all conditions outlined in the University Employee Manual and Faculty Handbook.
3. Other service:
- Other service (committee membership, project work, etc.) may be assigned through mutual agreement between the instructor and supervisor.
TO APPLY: Please visit www.cleary.edu/jobs